Prior to IDHub 10
IDHub versions prior to IDHub 10 require a license file to be deployed on Tomcat. Licensing is server-based.
You can contact Trustbuilder Support to request a license file.
As of IDHub 10
Starting at IDHub 10.0, the licensing model has been changed. Instead of deploying license file on server, the process has been updated. It is important to realize that each license file will be unique to a deployed environment. Reusing license files across multiple environments will not be possible.
Without a valid license file, all the application requests (except to the IDHub Admin Portal) will be blocked. So after installation, you must follow this process:
1. Open the IDHub Admin portal
2. Export the "IDHub-encryption" certificate (copy to clipboard)
3. Add the content of this certificate in a license request trouble ticket to Trustbuilder (note: the certificate export will not include the private key).
4. Trustbuilder will return a license file
5. Upload this license file in the IDHub Admin portal (click on your username -> license -> upload a new license)
With the addition of the license check to IDHub, we also added auditing events that will be generated:
- With every license file change
- With every license file calculation (on start-up, and once every 24 hours)
The outcome of these events can be used to create a workflow to inform the necessary parties.
The following information is provided by the event:
- License creation timestamp
- License check timestamp
- License check result
- License expiration date
- Contacts (as a list)
- Customer name
- IDHub version