IDHUB User Security
This provides a means for the Admin to block and unblock a User.
Blocking a User
This operation allows the Administrator to block a User as and when there is the need to do so
- Click Users under Administration (you can use a filter term to look up the particular User you wan to block)
- Click on Security under Actions
- Click on the Switch icon adjacent to the user you want to block
Possible Alerts that can be encountered during this operation
If the Administrator have to block a User who have an Attribute with a Required value which is empty, and for some reason this User was created or imported from an internal company Database that did not have any validation for the required fields, then the Administrator cannot block this User from the Admin Portal, in which case there will be an alert message at the bottom of the page saying User is invalid
The Administrator cannot block himself (Notice that the Security icon is inactive (greyed out))
Consequences of blocking a User
A blocked User cannot log into the said Service, if this User attempts to log into the Admin Portal, there will be a message on the page indicating to User that his/her account is currently blocked.
Unblocking a User
This operation provides a means to unblock an already blocked User.
Once User is unblocked he/she will now be able to log into the said service
- Click Users under Administration (you can use a filter term to look up the particular User you wan to unblock)
- Click Security under Actions
- Click the switch icon adjacent to the already blocked User that you want to unblock (Note that once User is unblocked, he can access the said Service for which he was blocked)